BLIND SPOT WARNING
This system alerts the driver to other vehicles in the detection zone A.
The system is activated when the vehicle’s speed is between approximately 30 km/h (19 mph) and 140 km/h (87 mph).
This function uses sensors 1 installed in the front and rear bumper of both sides.
Make sure that the sensors are not obscured (by dirt, mud, snow, etc.).
If a sensor is obscured, the message “Blind spotclean sensor” will appear on the instrument panel. Clean the sensors.
This function is an additional aid which indicates other vehicles in the blind spot area.
It can never in any case be a substitute for care nor for the driver’s responsibility while in charge of his vehicle.
The driver should always look out for sudden hazards during driving: make sure while manoeuvring that there are no moving or movable objects (such as a child, an animal, a pushchair or a bicycle) or small or narrow obstacles (such as a boulder or a post) in the blind spot area.
Vehicles fitted with a navigation system
On the multifunction screen 3, select the “Vehicle” menu, “Driving assistance”, and “Driving assistance”, and then choose “ON” or “OFF”.
You can access menu “Driving assistance” directly from button 2 .
Vehicles not fitted with a navigation system
- With the vehicle at a standstill, press and hold the switch 4 OK to access the settings menu;
- repeatedly press the control 5 up or down until you reach the “Driving assistance” menu. Press the switch 4 OK;
- repeatedly press control 5 up or down until you reach the “Blind spot alert” menu, then press the switch 4 OK.
- Press the switch 4 OK again to activate or deactivate the function.
When the engine is started, the system remembers its position when the ignition was last switched off.
An indicator light 4 is located on each door mirror 5.
Note: Clean the door mirrors 5 regularly, so that the indicator lights 4 can be seen properly.
This function will indicate:
- when the vehicle speed is between approximately 30 km/h (19 mph) and 140 km/h (87 mph);
- when another vehicle is in the blind spot area and travelling in the same direction as your vehicle.
If another vehicle is being overtaken, the indicator 4 will be activated only if that vehicle remains in the blind spot for more than one second.
The function is activated and has not detected any vehicles.
Initial warning: the indicator light 4 shows that a vehicle has been detected in the blind spot.
When the direction indicator is activated, the indicator light 4 flashes when a vehicle is detected in the blind spot on the side towards which you are about to steer. If you cancel the direction indicator, the function will return to the initial warning (display C).
Conditions for non-function
- If the object is not moving;
- if traffic is heavy;
- the road is winding;
- if front and rear sensors both detect objects at the same time (e.g. when passing an articulated lorry).
If the system detects a fault, the message “Check blind spot alert” is displayed on the instrument panel. Consult an authorised dealer.
Note: When the engine is started, the indicator light 4 (display B) flashes three times. It is normal.
Note: The system’s detection range operates according to a standard lane width. If you are driving in narrow traffic lanes, it may detect vehicles in other lanes.
- The system’s detection range operates according to a standard lane width. If you are driving in wide traffic lanes, the system might not be able to detect a vehicle in the blind spot.
- The system might be disrupted momentarily if it is exposed to strong electromagnetic waves (as beneath high-tension power lines) or to very poor weather conditions (heavy rain, snow, etc.). Remain aware of driving conditions.
There is a risk of accidents.
Because sensors have been installed in the bumpers, any work (repairs, replacements, touching up of paintwork) must be carried out by a qualified professional.