REAR SCREEN WASH, WIPE
Y Rear screen wiper
With the ignition on, turn ring 3 on stalk 1 to align the symbol with mark 2.
- intermittent wiping.
The wipers will pause for several seconds between sweeps. Wiping frequency varies with vehicle speed;
- slow continuous wiping.
To stop the operation, pivot ring 3 again.
Note: when washing using a roller type car wash, return the ring 3 on the stalk 1 to the stop position to deactivate automatic wiping.
Follow usage recommendations.
Do not use the wiper arm to open or close the tailgate.
Before any action involving the rear screen (washing the vehicle, de-icing, cleaning, etc.) return stalk 1 to the stop position.
Risk of injury and/or damage.
Efficiency of a wiper blade
Check the condition of the wiper blades. How long they last depends on you:
- it must remain clean: clean the blade and the screen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use it when the screen is dry;
- free it from the screen when it has not been used for a long time.
In any event, replace them as soon as they begin to lose efficiency: approximately every year (refer to the information on “Wiper blades: replacement” in section 5).
Precautions for using the wipers
- In freezing or snowy weather, clear the screen before starting the wipers (risk of motor overheating);
- ensure that no objects are obstructing the travel of the blade.
Activation/deactivation of the rear screen wiper
(depending on the vehicle)
Engaging reverse gear triggers intermittent wiping (if the front wipers are in operation). If your vehicle is fitted with a vehicle settings customisation menu, you can opt to activate or deactivate this function. To do this, refer to the information on the “Vehicle settings customisation menu” in Section 1; “Rear wiping in reverse gear”.
In the event of obstacles present on the rear window (dirt, snow, etc.), the wiper will try to sweep away all the obstacles. If an obstacle prevents the blade from moving, it can be stopped. Remove the obstacle, wait for around 30 seconds and reactivate the wiper using the wiper stalk.
- In the event of ice, check that the blades are not stuck to the windscreen before operating the wipers. If you activate the wiper while the blade is blocked by ice, you risk damaging both the blade and the wiping motor.
- Do not operate the wipers on a dry screen. This will lead to the premature wear or damage to the blades.
p Rear screen wash/wipe
With the ignition on, push and hold stalk 1, then release.
A longer action will trigger three sweeps of the wipers followed, a few seconds later, by a fourth, in addition to the windscreen washer.