BLIND SPOT WARNING
This system alerts the driver to other vehicles in the detection zone A.
The system is activated when the vehicle’s speed is between approximately 30 km/h (19 mph) and 140 km/h (87 mph).
This function uses sensors 1 installed in the front and rear bumper of both sides.
Make sure that the sensors are not obscured (by dirt, mud, snow, etc.).
If a sensor is obscured, the message “Blind spot clean sensor” will appear on the instrument panel. Clean the sensors.
This function is an additional aid which indicates other vehicles in the blind spot area.
It can never in any case be a substitute for care nor for the driver’s responsibility while in charge of his vehicle.
The driver should always be ready for sudden incidents while driving: always ensure that there are no small, narrow moving obstacles (such as a child, animal, pushchair, bicycle, stone, post etc.) in the blind spot when manoeuvring.
Vehicles fitted with a navigation system
On the multifunction screen 2, select the “Vehicle” menu, “Driving assistance”, and “Blind spot alert”, and then choose “ON” or “OFF”.
You can access menu “Driving assistance” directly from button 3 .
Vehicles not fitted with a navigation system
- With the vehicle at a standstill, press and hold the switch 4 OK to access the settings menu;
- repeatedly press the control 5 up or down until you reach the “Driving assistance” menu. Press the switch 4 OK;
- repeatedly press the control 5 up or down until you reach the Blind spot alert menu, then press the switch 4 OK .
- press the 4 OK switch again to activate or deactivate the function.
When the engine is started, the system remembers its position when the ignition was last switched off.
An indicator light 6 is located on each door mirror 7.
Note: clean the door mirrors 7 regularly so that the indicators 6 can be seen.
This function gives a warning:
- when the vehicle speed is between approximately 19 mph (30 km/h) and 87 mph (140 km/h);
- when another vehicle is in the blind spot area and travelling in the same direction as your vehicle.
If your vehicle is overtaking another vehicle, the indicator 6 will be activated only if that vehicle remains in the blind spot for more than one second.
The function is activated and has not detected any vehicles.
First warning: the indicator 6 means that a vehicle has been detected in the blind spot.
When the direction indicator is activated, the indicator light 6 flashes when a vehicle is detected in the blind spot on the side towards which you are about to steer. If you cancel the direction indicator, the function will return to the initial warning (display C).
The system’s detection range operates according to a standard lane width. If you are driving in narrow traffic lanes, it may detect vehicles in other lanes.
Conditions for non-function
- If the object is not moving;
- if traffic is heavy;
- the road is winding;
- if front and rear sensors both detect an object at the same time (e.g. when passing an articulated lorry).
If the system detects a fault, the message “Check blind spot alert” is displayed on the instrument panel. Consult an approved dealer.
Note: when the engine is started, the indicator light 6, display B, flashes three times. It is normal.
- The system’s detection range operates according to a standard lane width. If you are driving in wide traffic lanes, the system might not be able to detect a vehicle in the blind spot.
- The system might be disrupted momentarily if it is exposed to strong electromagnetic waves (as beneath high-tension power lines) or to very poor weather conditions (heavy rain, snow etc.). Remain aware of driving conditions.
There is a risk of accidents.
Because sensors have been installed in the bumpers, any work (repairs, replacements, touching up of paintwork) must be carried out by a qualified professional.