SCREEN WASHER, WIPER
n Windscreen wiper
With the ignition on, move stalk 1:
B intermittent wiping
The wipers will pause for several seconds between sweeps.
C normal wiping speed
D fast wiping speed
With the ignition on, pull stalk 1 towards you.
In the snow or ice, make sure that the wiper blades are not stuck by ice.
Keep an eye on the condition of the blade. Replace the wiper blades as soon as they begin to lose efficiency: approximately once a year.
Efficiency of a wiper blade
Check the condition of the wiper blades. How long they last depends on you:
- it must remain clean: clean the blade and the screen regularly with soapy water;
- do not use it when the screen is dry;
- free it from the screen when it has not been used for a long time.
Replace wiper blades as soon as their performance starts to diminish: Approximately every year (refer to the information on “Wiper blades” in section 5).
Precautions for using the wipers
- In freezing or snowy weather, clear the screen before starting the wipers (risk of motor overheating);
- ensure that no objects are obstructing the travel of the blade.
Before any action involving the windscreen (washing the vehicle, de-icing, cleaning the windscreen, etc.) return stalk 1 to position A (park).
Risk of injury and/or damage.
When working on the vehicle, ensure that the windscreen wiper stalk is in position A (off).
Risk of injury.